Sales Specialist (Inside Sales) - Lead Qualification and Appointment Setting
As a Lux Research, Inc. Sales Specialist, you will be an essential contributor to the performance of our new business function, and will support a group of Sales Directors. Your primary responsibility will be to identify qualified prospects and to set meetings and calls with our Sales Directors to drive new research and consulting contracts. As well as providing logistical/administrative support, you will also add immense value to the sales cycle by diagnosing the needs of prospective clients.
This is an excellent opportunity for recent graduates/career changers looking to get a start in sales. Recent grads with alumni giving; recruiting; or other telesales experience strongly encouraged to apply.
- Identify, pursue and secure business appointments with new leads for prospective clients or cross-sell opportunities.
- Engage in high volume outbound calling programs (25 calls/day) and reaching out through email (100 emails/day) into totally new or under-penetrated relationships with senior-level managers responsible for their firm’s innovation, research and development, and merger/acquisition activities.
- Develop relationships with key knowledge centers, information centers and research teams at F2000 firms and build a continual flow of qualified leads.
- Successfully diagnose the executive's key business needs where possible, to ensure a high quality of interaction in the first meeting with Sales Directors.
- Creatively adapt proven sales scripts and methods to align with the unique needs of your client base and manage the sales process from identification to qualification to close.
- Provide prospects with product and services information and follow-up materials; support clients with advice on how to best leverage and drive value from Lux Research services.
- Outbound marketing to engage prospective members, e.g. email campaigns, mailing and invitations.
- Maintaining complete and accurate documentation of activity, suspects, prospects and clients in corporate CRM systems
- Research potential prospects and industries; and
- Meet monthly sales and lead generation goals.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 - 2 years of experience in a sales / new business support function (inside sales, prospecting, sales support), and able to demonstrate client service while contributing to individual and team goals.
- Goal and action orientated with ability and desire to work towards revenue targets within a team environment.
- High level of comfort and determination when dealing with challenging situations, i.e. overcoming objections; coordinating with gatekeepers etc.
- Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient computer skills including MS-Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Experience with CRM (salesforce.com) extremely helpful.
Other qualifying information:
We are seeking candidates local to the Boston area.
There is no relocation assistance for this role and we are seeking candidates immediately available for full-time work.
About Lux Research
Lux Research is a leading provider of intelligence services, helping clients drive growth through technology innovation. With quality data derived from primary research, fact-based analysis, and opinions that challenge traditional thinking, Lux clients are empowered to make better, informed decisions today to ensure future success. A pioneer in the research industry, Lux is uniquely positioned with technical expertise in addition to business insights, augmented by advanced analytics.
Analysis you trust. Opinions you rely on. Make better decisions, faster. For more information visit www.luxresearchinc.com, connect on LinkedIn, or follow @LuxResearch.